Cream Cheese Pancakes are an absolute favorite of mine. They’re so quick and easy to make, plus they’re delicious. At only 5g of carbs they’re great for breakfast and as a quick snack.
2oz. Cream cheese
2 large eggs
½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. Cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar (optional)
- Heat up a skillet on medium low heat (nonstick works best)
- Take all the ingredients and put them in the blender. Blend together for 30 seconds. Leave the batter in the blender, you’ll be pouring out of it.
- Butter the skillet really well, by letting the butter melt completely before pouring the pancake batter over the top of it. Not only does it add flavor to the pancake but it also gives it an amazing crust on the outside. Take the
blender and pour about a four-inch wide pancake right into the center of the pan.
*If you want it to be extra crispy on the outside, then take a small pat of butter and put it directly on the middle of the skillet. The skillet needs to be hot enough so that rather than it just melting the butter over time it makes it sizzle. Then pour the batter right over the butter.
- To know when it is time to flip the pancake, it will turn to a more noticeable yellow color, and the bubbles that come up in the middle will not fill in when popped.
- To flip the pancake your spatula can’t be too thick, the thinner the better. You have to be quick an somewhat forceful to get the whole pancake on the spatula or it’ll be hard to flip. If the pancake breaks in the middle you may be able to touch it back together, they can be forgiving in some ways, but if it’s in pieces then just let it cook and hide it beneath the better-looking ones.
As you take each cooked pancake off the heat place it on your plate and put some butter on it, make sure it spreads around to get all nice and melted. *You can put a small amount of cinnamon sugar on each pancake or put it on the top one*
Depending on the size of the pancakes you can get as few as 4 or as many as 8, I got four larger sized ones, it really just depends on the amount of time you want to put on it.